Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I just had to be the first post on our blog in 2009.
How will our lives change in this coming year?
What will we blessed with - what will we lose?
Where will we be in our walk through life? Just another year older? Fatter? Wrinklier?
OR MIGHT WE FIND OURSELVES HOLIER! CLOSER TO CHRIST THAN WE ARE TODAY or WERE LAST YEAR!
We are - I believe - all on a journey like young Christian in the Pilgram's Progress. May you surround yourself in 2009 with godly traveling companions, people who are more concerned with your spiritual growth and health than with being your friend. May you not only get back up when you fall this coming year, but learn from your mistakes and grow stronger. May you cherish the simple things - the pure things in life and celebrate the passing of days and seasons and give glory to God for them. May you routinely seperate yourself from the chaos of life and draw close to the Father - in whom we find life, meaning, direction, and love.

1 Comments:

Blogger DonnyTop5 said...

Squinting down the path that is 2009, I remain hopeful. This last year I have seen the church engaging the culture that surrounds it in very healthy and productive ways. I look at my life, and my wife and I will be leading our family down this path. But we aren't alone, are we. We have Christ.
So if I get laid of from work, Christ is still my King and I follow after.

If there are complications with the birth of our third child, Christ is still my King and I will follow after.

If I become handicapped and can not work, then Christ is still my king and I will follow after.

I guess that doesn't really "fix" anything, but I am encouraged by it.

May God bless you in 2009.

January 1, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home